Join SECED as a member
There are two categories of membership: corporate and individual. Corporate members can nominate a number of named representatives, each of whom obtains the same benefits as individual members. In order to apply for membership, fill out the appropriate online application form using one of the links below and submit the completed form. After a few days, we will be in touch to confirm the application and collect the membership fee (if any). You can pay by card, cheque or direct debit. If you have any questions about the process, see our FAQs or contact the SECED Secretary (
Why join SECED?
- Support the Society.
- Gain to the SECED Newsletter on its publication date (non-members have to wait for up to one year).
- Enjoy discounts on registration fees for SECED and SECED-affiliated events and training courses.
- Receive email notifications of SECED technical meetings and events.
- Enjoy online access to live broadcasts of SECED evening technical meetings and an archive of past broadcasts.
- Gain reference access to the ICE Library.
- Gain access to members area (MyICE) of ICE website (individual members only).
- Meet other like-minded specialists from industry and academia.
- Partake in the Annual General Meeting with rights to:
- nominate candidates for the SECED committee;
- vote in elections for the committee;
- vote on amendments to the constitution;
- List your company details and weblink on the SECED website and gain exposure to the earthquake community (corporate members only).
EAEE Associate Membership
All SECED members (except student members) automatically become associate members of the European Association of Earthquake Engineering (EAEE) with the following benefits:
- Online access to the Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering.
- 20% reduction on the books in the Springer book series Geological, Geotechnical and Earthquake Engineering.
- Optional participation in the EAEE General Assembly with no voting right.
- Optional participation in EAEE Task Groups.
As an existing SECED member, each year in January or February, you will receive an email with your login details for the EAEE website. If you have not received this, please contact the SECED secretary.
Please note that EAEE membership is associated with an additional cost for SECED. For that reason, we are unfortunately not able to offer EAEE membership to our student members.
Previous or lapsed members wanting to renew their membership
Individual members whose membership for the previous subscription year has lapsed should renew their membership via MyICE before October.
There may be some complications depending on your circumstances. Firstly, if your membership of the ICE has also lapsed, or if you are not a member of the ICE, you will not be able to reinstate your membership via MyICE. In that case, you will need to contact the ICE subscriptions team on tel. 020 7665 2227 or email